I’ve been feeding my dairy cows SEA-90 for a little over 6 weeks and we’ve seen a 100,000 drop in somatic cell counts. We have no pink eye and we significantly reduced fly pressure in the barn. My son who is a fertility expert came by last week and told me he’d never seen cows in such a strong heat or as raw as mine. I am really impressed with SEA-90.
My customer applied one ton (133 lb per acre) SEA-90 to 15 acres of grasses. He grazed 28 head (almost head per acre) and was still managed to cut three round bales per acre to put up for the winter. He is thrilled with SEA-90.
I use SEA-90 to grow corn. The corn has grown to eight feet tall and has as many as five ears whereas normally without SEA-90 I only produce an average of three ears per talk.
For the past three years I foliar applied approximately eight pounds SEA-90 per acre on 12 acres of grasses. As an experiment, I quit applying at a certain point on my field. The SEA-90 treated pasture grew grasses 4-6” taller. The local ag extension agent did not believe me until I took him to the field and he visibly saw the difference from a distance of 300 yards.
Last fall we purchased 2400 starting calves weighing 550-650 lbs in Auction Barns and moved them between 30-130 miles to our feed lot. We incorporated SEA-90 Essential Elements into their ration as follows: (Ration consisted of 59% corn silage, 7% DDG’s, 1lb usual supplement and chopped hay)
- 1st 800 – 2 oz/day for 1st 30 days ,1 oz /day for next 80 days
- 2nd 800 – 2 oz/day for first 30 days,1 oz/day for next 10 days, none for balance of feeding period. (Feed Consumption dropped slightly)
- 3rd 800 – 2 oz/day first 30 days, none after. Feed consumption dropped 4-5 lbs/ head when SEA-90 was removed. After 5 days of lower feed consumption Group was put back on 1oz/day and feed consumption increased to previous level.
Operator Comments :
- Owner had never had calves eat over 3% DM on ration before. (DM Consumption typically not more than 2.7%)
- Calves took to feed in the first 2-3 days better than ever before.
Minimal antibiotic (Draxxin) treatments administered.
- Death loss .25% (6 deaths per 2400 cows)
- Treating with antibiotic seemed to have no significant effect on mortality rate.
- No pinkeye or hoof rot.
- Conception rate improved from 93 to 97 percent (four percent increase).
- During a 42-day breeding window, one yearling bull serviced 20 cows and a mature bull serviced 40 cows.
We are sold on SEA-90 Essential Elements and plan to continue offering it to all our cattle.